Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Birthdays

It happened in March, and I have yet to post about it. My babies turned four and two. It is bittersweet, as it's beginning to really feel like we don't have any babies in the house anymore. Which means that we sleep well, and we can do so many more things. But also that they are getting...bigger. My boy had his first sleepover. AWAY from us! All night! We were so glad to get him home the next day.


My girl has yet to discover that she is not the same age as her big brother, so she tries to do the exact same things. Tonight she jumped out of her crib and I caught her trying to climb in bed with him. She even had her stuffed animals in her arms. She might have slept there all night with him, curled up like little puppies when I found them in the morning. 

March is such a special month in our house because of their birthdays. I love to think about the ways they've changed in a year. I hope that each year I become a better mother to them. We eat cake, cake, and more cake. We invite friends and family to share in the celebration, and we make it last a few extra days. We take rice krispy treats with icing to school. And mostly we thank God for another year with these two precious children, and look forward to what the next year of their lives will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...